About Lynbrook Administrator Responsibilities Annual School Plans Assistance with Online Tools Bell Schedules Challenge Success Complaint Procedures Construction Plans at LHS Daily Bulletin Guidelines for Emailing Staff Members Guidelines, Policies, Procedures and Forms Map and Directions Principal's News School Attendance Boundaries School Profile Smarter Balanced & Common Core Staff Directory Teacher Forms Use of Facilities WASC Information Web Publishing Guidelines
Library Home Page Library Databases & eBooks Teacher Directory Course Links AP Courses and Summer Study Social Studies Central Teacher Resources
Student Life Home Associated Student Body Class of 2018 Class of 2019 Class of 2020 Class of 2021 Seniors Only Student Publications
Course Information and Planning Art Business Drama English Living Skills Mathematics/Computer Science Music Physical Education Science Social Studies World Languages Summer Options
Welcome & Guidance Staff Guidance Department College & Career Center STTAR Program Chinese Placement Test
Athletics Athletic Boosters Sports Medicine Valkyries
Parents & Community Home Alumni Bilingual Committee / English Language Learner Internet Safety Information LIMB (Music Boosters) PTSA School Site Council

Taking College Classes

Advice and Guidance

Tips to keep in mind when considering Community College

  • It is not mandatory to take a community college class to be admitted to college
  • All classes and grades must be reported to colleges
  • College classes do not always replace D or F grades earned in high school courses, even if LHS approves a replacement course
  • Students attempting to replace a D or F grade on their high school transcript should talk to their guidance counselor about the course being considered
  • Students are encouraged to explore a subject not offered in high school, such as Psychology or Astronomy, or take a class for enrichment – take Guitar lessons or Hip Hop Dance just for fun. 
  • If you are trying to earn college units, please visit the ASSIST website to identify UC and CSU transferable college courses.
  • To determine if a class counts as a UC a-g course for eligibility (to meet minimum requirements) visit: www.ucop.edu/doorways

NOTE: Enrichment classes taken at a community college will not be recorded on the LHS high school transcript, but remain on the college transcript. It is the student’s responsibility to report college courses on college applications and submit official transcripts during the application process. Because Lynbrook believes that students should balance their academic loads, students are limited to one college class per quarter/semester. Students with special circumstances must speak to their guidance counselor and may possibly be referred to their assistant principal.

West Valley Classes at LHS

Lynbrook High School has been fortunate to partner with West Valley College to bring college classes to our campus. Each semester we work with the Outreach department at West Valley to determine classes to offer. This spring, Human Values in Art and Linear Algebra. will be taught at Lynbrook. We must have a minimum of 20 students enrolled  or the class will be canceled.

  • When looking at the course guide for West Valley, you can tell which classes are taught here by looking at the room assigned; Lynbrook is designated by LYN


  • Any junior who is interested can begin the West Valley application and complete the concurrent enrollment forms today.

Community College Rules

Each community college has its own policy regarding age and grade level of students eligible to take courses. They also have their own rules for what classes high school students can take. Please visit their websites to find school-specific information. 

LHS Steps

STEP #1 and 2: Apply to the community college you intend to attend

STEP #3: Download and complete the correct concurrent enrollment form from the community college website

STEP #4: Bring the concurrent enrollment form to your Guidance Counselor in the Lynbrook main office for the required signature.

NOTE: If you are taking a community college class to replace a grade on your transcript, you must also submit a Request for Credit from an Outside Educational Institution form to the main office. Courses taken for enrichment purposes are not transferred to the LHS transcript.